nano-devel

Possible new feature: Use insert to try to insert file on current buffer

From: Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita
Subject: Possible new feature: Use insert to try to insert file on current buffer
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 16:17:20 -0300

I have some macros that use external tools to add text to the current
buffer on the current cursor position. Also, it is very common for me
to open files on new buffers. Once I open a file on a new buffer, my
macros suddenly stop working because the output of the external tool
will go to a new buffer instead of the current one.

Considering the pressing Ins is already redundant because it has the
same effect of pressing ^R, I wrote the attached small patch. With it
applied, when Ins is pressed, it will try to insert on the current
buffer independent of the current state of the MULTIBUFFER flag.
Changes when in this "mode" are also ignored so that it will not mess
with the value of the MULTIBUFFER flag.

Please consider applying it.