nano-devel

Improve Scrollbar

From: Nathan Lloyd
Subject: Improve Scrollbar
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 15:57:29 +0000

Hello Nano Developers,

In plans to develop my C skills I would like to implement a more fine scrollbar for nano.  I was thinking modifying the `void draw_scrollbar(void)` function so when the scrollbar is drawn instead of simply applying a background colour to the relevant character cells, it could print characters found in the Extended ASCII table or even the UTF-8 table.  this functionality could be appreciated more for larger documents used in nano, but might still be noticeable for smaller documents.  I would like to know if this improvement will be appreciated/used before implemented into the source code.

I very much appreciate nano as a text editor and have been using it on an increasingly regular basis for several months now.

Nath