Re: [Nel] CVS checkin by email

From: Vincent Archer
Subject: Re: [Nel] CVS checkin by email
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:50:58 +0100

According to David Mentré:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to bi informed by email of each new CVS checkin ?

Well, if you want to be spammed continuously, that might be possible.
I'll put something in the crontab to notify you every day :)

Realistically, since you get full access to the development CVS tree,
there is something done about every day in one part or another of the
library. We do not have anything like the cvsup of FreeBSD so that you
automatically would fetch the latest version everytime, but you can
set a cron job if you like to to a cvs update every day around 23:00
GMT. That's when we do a full resynchronise of the various CVS mirrors
(in practice, the sync starts at 22:00 GMT, but you never know how long
rsync will take across the 3 machines involved).

We will post announces when there is something relatively major commited
(like the day you'll get your first pictures, or like we did when the
 compilation stuff on Linux boxes started working). Usually, we also do
a manual resync at that time.

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: address@hidden

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!