[Nel] Compilation of snowballs.exe under Windows 98 and NT

From: Mark W. Oosterveld
Subject: [Nel] Compilation of snowballs.exe under Windows 98 and NT
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:15:38 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

  I am one of the slashdot horde that descended on your project
recently. I have done a cvs checkout of the latest soruce, and am triing
to compile it under Visual C++ 6.0, sp 4, on both a Windows 98 box (at
home) and an NT box (at work... don't tell anyone). Anyway, after
installing STLport, FreeType, Python, and glext.h, I am able to compile
all the libraries. But, when I try to build the client, I get the
following error:

LINK: warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBC" conflicts with use of other
libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
MSVCRT.lib(crtexe.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
ReleaseDebug/snowballs.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe

  Unfortunatly, my C++ is a little rusty, and my Windows Programing is
almost non existant, but there is a main (and a WinMain) in client.cpp.
I suspect I have a setting wrong in VC, but wouldn't even begin to know
where to find it.

Mark

P.S. I am most interested in looking at (and possibly working on) the
server side, but need to get a client up and running before I can really
start looking at it in depth.