[Nel] Error in the client: Read error in file 'data/' (End of file??)

From: robert
Subject: [Nel] Error in the client: Read error in file 'data/' (End of file??)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:28:15 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I too am hoping to get snowballs running on a Debian/GNU Linux
machine.  I too have run into the error message mentioned in the
title.  I'd love to see a patch for it.  So far I've traced it down to
a call to setupTexture which is exiting the program.  My C++ skills
are not strong enough to hunt this down any further.

I have an Athalon 700, 512M ram, and GeForce 256.
Libc6 2.2.2,
gcc 2.95.3,

Other info available on request.

Thanks in advance,
Robert

--
Robert de Forest      "Love is like a snowmobile flying over the
System Administrator   frozen tundra that suddenly flips, pinning you