[Nel] stlport linking problems, please help

From: Martin Schlingmann
Subject: [Nel] stlport linking problems, please help
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:15:23 +0100

Hi.
Been looking at nel for a while and compiled it for win.
Now I am trying to compile it for Linux (Using RedHat 7.3). (Planning to
develop on and run server on linux).
I have compiled all "external" libraries including stlport (with iostream
support).
I run ./bootstrap, then I try to run ./configure.
Now, this is where I get problems, it does not find my stlport libraries.
My headers and libbs are, after stlport compilation and install, located in
/usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include/stlport.
I am trying:
./configure --with-stlport-lib=/usr/local/lib --with-stlport-header=/usr/loc
al/include
I also tried:
./configure --with-stlport-lib=/usr/local/lib --with-stlport-header=/usr/loc
al/include

My stlport libraries are named: libstlport_gcc...etc

I am a experienced c/c++/stl programmer, but quite new to linux.
I have checked postings backwards this year, but not found exactly this
problem.

Please help me somebody to be able to get further.

Best regards
martin

--->
Martin Schlingmann