netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] lobby patch

From: Matze Braun
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] lobby patch
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:13:08 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Ivo Danihelka wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 07:12, hankin wrote:
> > Here's a patch for 0.1.1 for a lobby via IRC.
> > To use...
> > Start a dedicated server, put in a valid IRC nick name for the server name.
> > Edit the ~/.netpanzer/config/netpanzer.xml and change your player name
> > to your IRC nick name.
> > Start netpanzer client like normal and if everything works you should be
> > able to select
> > the server and press Ready to launch.
> > You may run into problems if the server's isp doesn't do a proper
> > reverse dns.
> >

> This is lot of code, thank you.
> I have ported this against current CVS.
> I have also replaced indent TABs with spaces.
> We are using only 4 spaces for indent.
>
> Just note, I like std::string more than
> <code>
> char line[1024];
> snprintf(line,sizeof(line)," %s",line);
> </code>
>
> IRCLobby connect to irc.freenode.net.
> It works great.
>
> Has anybody objections for this?
> I would commit this patch to CVS.
Looks fine so far just commit it.

About coding I agree to the stuff said above. In addition I'd like to see
the IRC connection and server list stuff separated out from the GUI stuff
as I'd expect that the UI system will be rewritten sooner or later.
Additionally usage of SDL is prefered. I'd like to remove the
custom list/array template classes in netpanzer at some point for
consistency.

Anyway we can fix this stuff later :) A server browser and lobby chat is a
great feature to have.

Greetings,
        Matze