netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] Wishlist

From: hankin
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] Wishlist
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:50:24 +1100

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:

Hello.

I've decided to subscribe to this list, because I am using netPanzer
more often last days ;)

First of all I'd like to thank you for your work. I've been waiting for
cool RTS game for Linux very long. But hopefully my wishes came true ;)

Here is my personal wishlist:

- Placing of minimap at bottom-left corner. Now other players texts are on
 minimap and it isn't too comfortable.

I don't know if you know this already or not, you can hold down the right mouse button on the map and drag it down, you can also hold the button and press 1-7 to get different shades on the map.

- Place where new units arrive after building. It would be great if this
 option could be customised for every outpost or at least globally.

- Randomise flags if someone didn't choose one. I know that this
 sounds stupid, but many people don't change their flags at start and when
 we play almost everyone is the Albanian ;)

- Building queues. It would be great to choose priorities or order of units to build. It's very popular in other RTS games.

What do you think about it? Is it possible to implement some (or even
all) of them?

these are great ideas! I'm sure they will eventually be added later, the game is still in the early stages.

regards
fEnIo

please don't CC me because I read mailing list