netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] lobby_connection

From: Matze Braun
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] lobby_connection
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:14:44 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, hankin wrote:

> the lobby_connection was static before, but it has been changed.
>
> when a dedicated game starts it shouldn't need IRCLobbyView, only
> lobby_connection(IRCLobby).
> The IRCLobbyView starting when there's no gui is causing some malloc
> problems, I want to change it back to static, or does anyone have better
> suggestions?
What is the exact problem here? Where are these malloc problems? (maybe
join irc and try if you can meet me, so that we can discuss it
directly...)

In general I don't like this static style at all. Code in this way
typically is not reusable and highly coupled which makes maintenance hard.
I know that currently in netpanzer there are lots of "bad" places. But
we should try not to even add more bad code...

Greetings,
        Matze