netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] new user interface

From: Matze Braun
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] new user interface
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:52:36 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 11:36:54PM +0100, Matze Braun wrote:
> > I just made a little sketch of a possible userinterface that could be used
> > in netpanzer:
> >
> >     http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uxsm/screenlayout.png
> >
> > Do you have better idea or improvements? Would be interesting to hear some
> > feedback about this.
> You're very talented person ;))
> You can draw almost as beautiful as I can ;)
> I hope that this proportions are only example and this won't get 1/3 of
> the screen ;)
I worked whole 5 minutes on this picture and you don't like it?!?

> How big will be this bar with selected units? I noticed that netPanzer
> has some limitations with number of selected units.
I'm not aware of any limit of selected units. I for the unit selection
view we could set some reasonable high limits (like 60 units). For the
first 10 units we coudl have big pictures and then we could scale them
down. More than ~60 units doesn't make sense IMO, since games in this size
only get chaotic and aren't fun anymore IMO...

> And do you intend to do some scrollbars in outpust view?
My sketch already shows some scrollbars :)

Of course this proposal has to be worked out a little more... And we'd
badly need a good artist who could produce nice graphics for the bar.
Someone knows a good artists who is willing to help an ambitious open
source project? ;-)

Greetings,
        Matze