netutils-dev

[Netutils-dev] Building netutils on Arch

From: Arjun Shankar
Subject: [Netutils-dev] Building netutils on Arch
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 22:35:57 +0530

Hi all,

So I just got hold of the netutils and gnulib sources and blindly
followed README-alpha

Minor irritation: Trying to bootstrap gives me:

"Bootstrapping from a non-checked-out distribution is risky."

However, Pandit told me that adding a "--force" lets me continue.
Which it did, in fact. So no problem as such.

Next, I read the generated INSTALL file and then move forward with a
./configure.

I noticed a couple of warnings of interest along the way. But finally
configure errored out.

Here's an extract:

  http://pastebin.com/m667201f1

Libtool version:
  address@hidden netutils]$ pacman -Q libtool
  libtool 2.2.6a-1

Pandit tells me that the makefiles were all created anyway. So we do a
'make'. Which errors out:

  http://pastebin.com/m1e05dfef

The problem shows up in glibc:
  address@hidden netutils]$ pacman -Qo /usr/include/unistd.h
  /usr/include/unistd.h is owned by glibc 2.8-3

Just in case:

  address@hidden netutils]$ pacman -Q autoconf
  autoconf 2.63-1
  address@hidden netutils]$ pacman -Q automake