Re: [Nmh-workers] Questionable code - the bigger picture

From: Nathan Bailey
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Questionable code - the bigger picture
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 11:44:28 +1000

*nod* Perhaps I should do that again (I'd be interested in your
glimpse parameters/i.e. how deep you index).  Really though, what
I want to be able to do is something like this:
        scan `pick mostrecent:50 -from "bill smith" -src ++allfolders -except
+outbox`

which would:
        1. Find all messages from "bill smith" across all folders
           (except outbox and its descendants)
        2. Show the most 50 messages from (1)

This isn't that hard, in a Unix way, and could almost certainly be
optimisied, e.g. search tree could work off most recent messages first
(-mtime), looking for "bill smith" and span back until it has 50.

Perhaps I should just write it myself -- will nmh take contributions in
perl? ;-)

re,