Re: [Nmh-workers] outstanding patches

From: Tet
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] outstanding patches
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 22:18:52 +0100

Harald Geyer writes:

>Unfortunately I have too little experience on non-linux systems to
>know if a general change from vfork to fork is reasonable.

These days, yes it is. The number of systems actually running nmh without
COW is probably pretty negligible by now. Even for those where vfork()
is actually faster (like NetBSD, for example), there's no real advantage
to using vfork() unless you're forking an awful lot of processes, and
we're not.

Tet