Re: [Nmh-workers] forms expert

From: Tet
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] forms expert
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:41:51 +0100

Michael Richardson writes:

>I have been trying to get replcomps to fill in a From: if it sees
>certain things in To: or CC:. In perl:
>
>       if($to =~ /xelerance.com/ || $cc =~ /xelerance.com/) {
>              $from = "address@hidden";
>        }

Add the following to your replcomps:

%(lit)%(formataddr %<{To}%>)%(formataddr %<{Cc}%>)\
%<(match xelerance.com)From: Michael Richardson <address@hidden>\n%>\

Essentially, reset the str register, append the contents of the
To: and Cc: header components, and if the resulting string contains
"xelerance.com", output the specified From: header.

You might also want to add the line:

        masquerade: draft_from

to your mts.conf so nmh claims the message is from address@hidden
in the envelope as well as the header.

Note that using the To: and Cc: fields to determine which address
a message has been sent to is unreliable, particularly for things
like mailing lists and spam. Consider getting your MTA to add an

Tet