Re: [Nmh-workers] How can we mail Jon directly?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] How can we mail Jon directly?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:03:54 -0500

>Is there somewhere we can mail you directly?  When I try to mail
>address@hidden I get the following error:
>
>... while talking to fourwinds.com.:
><<< 550 5.0.0 Spam not spoken here
>554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>
>I know this was recently mentioned and it's a bit on the silly side that we
>can only contact you via this mailing list.

In defense of Jon's SMTP server, I can email him directly just fine.
I'm not sure what criteria his server is using, but maybe it's
DNS-related?  It seems that since the if you're getting that from the
DATA command, the only information you have available at that point is
the hostname, what the SMTP client used in the HELO command, and the
SMTP envelope information.

--Ken