Re: [Nmh-workers] Does anyone remember how blind aliases used to work?

From: Dan Harkless
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Does anyone remember how blind aliases used to work?
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:30:26 -0700

On April 10, 2007, Joel Reicher <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does anyone remember how this is supposed to work, if it ever did?

Neil's explanation is good.  Yes, it used to work.  I have an old alias
(members munged here):

    c++:  C++ Staff: address@hidden, address@hidden

It used to work even without the terminating semicolon (in fact I vaguely
remember having a problem if I _added_ the semicolon, but I may be
misremembering on that).

As of late 2002 (not sure what version of nmh I was using then), that would
get changed to:

    To: C++ Staff: ;

in the sent mail.

I currently have nmh 1.1 (a Fedora Extras -> CentOS package port) on this
box (haven't gotten around to updating to the latest CVS on this system
yet), and though blind distribution lists still work correctly if you
manually type them on the To: line, if you put one in an alias the eventual
mail will have all the bare addresses on the To: line.  For example:

    To: address@hidden, address@hidden

--
Dan Harkless
http://harkless.org/dan/