Re: [Nmh-workers] IPv6-ifying nmh

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] IPv6-ifying nmh
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 16:50:52 +0000

Josh Bressers wrote:
>Considering getaddrinfo() is part of POSIX, I'd say make the change.  If
>someone wants to run nmh on something scary and old, they can run a scary
>and old version of nmh.

In fact the most recent rev of the POSIX spec just came out and
gethostbyname() etc have actually been dropped from it completely
now...

I think my preference would be for switching the code to using
getaddrinfo et al, and adding autoconf-shims to implement those
functions in terms of the old APIs if we need to. (Cleaner than
lots of ifdefs.)

-- PMM