[Nmh-workers] Re: reconfiguring the bug tracker

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Re: reconfiguring the bug tracker
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 19:20:44 -0800

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:

> 3. Remove the fields 'Item Group', 'Discussion Lock', 'Privacy'
> and the 'Votes' section which as far as I'm aware we don't use.

You want to remove Votes? I've been asking SourceForge to add it for
years. It's a very useful way to prioritize your work.

> 4. Perhaps slightly more controversially, I would also like to
> get rid of the 'Task Manager' and 'Patch Tracker' in favour of
> migrating the handful of items in there into the 'Bug Tracker'.
> I think that (especially for the patch tracker) the distinction
> is largely artificial and it makes much more sense to just have
> one list which tracks everything.

Interesting idea. However, at least for the MH-E project, I like
having the distinction of Bugs, Feature Requests, and Patches. That
lets me prioritize the items. I tend to attack the Patches first
because it's less work for me, and I like to give the submitters
gratitude as soon as I can. Then the (bad) bugs next. And then the
cool feature requests.

> Unless anybody complains, I'm probably going to do at least
> items 1..3 in the near future (ie before the end of the
> Christmas holidays...)

Snooze, I lose :-).

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD