[Nmh-workers] Re: Updates to nmh

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Re: Updates to nmh
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 22:38:56 -0800

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:

> Ken Hornstein wrote:
>>So ... what MTS are you using?  SMTP?  Or sendmail?  Does "-snoop" tell you
>>anything useful?  I thought what I did only affected the SMTP MTS, but
>>hey, I've been wrong before.
>
> I use mts:sendmail (this is the Debian package default and generally what
> I recommend people use because (a) nmh's SMTP talking code doesn't get
> the corner cases of the spec right and (b) Unix systems should have a
> sendmail binary that can do this kind of thing anyhow).

Ditto.

> It turns out that send is calling post, which is segfaulting:

Hmmm, at one time I had used spost as a postproc, not for the reasons
in the FAQ (06.04 Fixing "post: problem initializing server; [BHST] no
servers available") but because post was crashing. It doesn't appear
I'm doing that any more though. I wonder if these are related...

Thanks, Ken, for making these changes. And thanks to Peter for testing
and Doug for looking over the changes. I appreciate the effort!

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD