Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: big thanks

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: big thanks
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:55:08 -0500

>It would be nice if nmh supported SMTP/TLS.  I think it is more in
>danger of becoming obsolete in not staying up-to-date with later
>secure mail transit protocols and other mail standards versus the age of
>its users.

Well, someone just needs to write the code.

I wrote the POP SASL and SMTP AUTH code for nmh (both of which
include encryption) because that's what we use here.  If someone
wants to contribute TLS support .... well, there's nothing stopping
anyone.  _I_ won't write it, because we don't use it and I'm not
standing up a test mail server just to test out the code.

--Ken