Re: [Nmh-workers] Alternative method for supporting TLS and latest patch

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Alternative method for supporting TLS and latest patch set
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 08:52:40 +0000

Earl Hood wrote:
>BTW, I'm working on removing all uses of mktemp from the code
>and trying to clean-up annoying warnings from gcc when compiling
>code.

Ah, good. I had a bit of a go at that a while ago but ran aground
on some of the less trivial bits.

>Hopefully, I do not break anything.  I'll try things it out for awhile
>to see if anything breaks, but I do not use all the features of nmh,
>so some changes will not really get tested.  I've taken the approach
>of creating new functions that use mkstemp() and replacing all calles
>to m_scratch() and m_tmpfil() with the new functions.
>
>I'm unsure what the policy is for how stable the trunk is supposed
>to be, so I hesitant to check in what I have done.

Well, the trunk shouldn't be deliberately broken, but we don't
have a "policy" as such :-) Send the diffs to the mailing list
(particularly useful since this is a security-related change)
and if nobody yells about them you can commit, I guess.

-- PMM