Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:36:59 -0500

>I would assume that if I use %(lit) to clear the str buffer, it
>should clear the cache.

Well, it's not like this is documented anywhere, so I think we're in uncharted
territory :-)

>This may be acceptable.  I'm not sure if there are components files
>that depending on the caching, even after %(lit) is used.

Well, I think they ALL depend on it.

Right now if you have duplicate email addresses (like on a From: and
a cc: line) they get silently cleaned up.  Seems to me this is the "right"
behavior.  But if %(lit) cleared out the address cache, then you could get
duplicates there.  Okay, that's not tragic, but to me it feels like a feature
regression.  Okay, I would agree that it's a bit bogus to send email from
yourself and cc'ing yourself, but I can see it happening.

>My question is: If the str buffer is zeroed, or set, via %(lit), should
>the cache be automatically cleared?

I am leaning towards no; does anyone else have an opinion?

--Ken