Re: [Nmh-workers] Line wrapping in mhl

From: Tethys
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Line wrapping in mhl
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 10:10:42 +0000

Ken Hornstein writes:

>People aren't so crazy about adding more text formatting smarts to mhl;
>that makes sense to me, I think whatever code I add wouldn't be as good
>as something like fmt or par, and that's keeping with the toolset idea
>of nmh.

I'm more of the opinion that mhl *should* do some basic line wrapping,
but with the option to instead invoke an external app that might be
able to do a better job. I don't have a massively strong objection to
not doing so, but it seems wrong to be shipping mhl in essentially a
broken state. I know we've been doing so since forever, but I'd like
the out of the box behaviour to be good, even if a bit of customization
to call external utilities could make it better.

Tet