Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh with mobile devices [was: Re: replyfilter trouble

From: Kevin Cosgrove
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh with mobile devices [was: Re: replyfilter trouble with messages from "XFINITY Connect Mobile App"]
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 12:41:42 -0700

On 16 April 2015 at 14:53, Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> wrote:

> >OK.  I have MHN set to /home/kevinc/.mh_profile.mhn in my
> >environment.  I renamed that file and MHN now points at something
> >non-existent.  I suppose it would be better to unset MHN.  I've
> >attached the file to feed your curiosity.  Trying to open an
> >Opera browser for text/html wasn't so great, for instance.
>
> Okay, but I am curious ... you actually invoke mhn?  I ask because most of
> everything should call mhshow by default, and you'd have to work to call
> mhn (which is the only thing that uses the MHN environment variable).
>
> >What do you have in mind, a sanity check flag for mhparam?  Maybe
> >a flag for mhparam that would look in the search PATH and report
> >preferred, whatever that means, applications for each kind of
> >task?
>
> Well, good question.  First order of business is to understand the problem.
> For one, I am puzzled as to why things didn't work out for you.  It would
> have seemed like mhshow should have been run instead of mhn, and none of
> the changes you posted would have changed that.

I know the text/html was a problem.  I expect that non-text
attachments will be unviewable.  But, I could forward to a
web email account, if I really needed to see them.

I used to invoke mhn via script.  I didn't change much of
anything in my [n]mh configuration as nmh replaced MH.  Back then
I'd moved from command line to Xmh, and I eventually moved to
exmh.  With Xmh I'd written a launcher script to do things like
printing or uudecoding, etc.  When I moved to exmh I reworked
some of that, and rewrote some of it in a Tcl add-on.

I do need to completely rototill my nmh configuration to remove
everything that seems at all specific to the 1990s.  Heck, I
probably have some things from the 1980s in there.  Anyone use
MH-3 besides me?  Of course, I'd barely out of my teen years
then.   ;-)

--
Kevin