Re: [Nmh-workers] Stanford disliking my emails -- update + question

From: Bob Carragher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Stanford disliking my emails -- update + question
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 15:18:44 -0700

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 08:46:05 -0400 David Levine <address@hidden> sez:

> Bob wrote:
>
> >      127.0.0.1       localhost ayukawa ayukawa.
> >      127.0.1.1       ayukawa
>
> Does this solve your problems?
>
>     127.0.0.1   ayukawa.localdomain localhost.localdomain localhost
>     ::1         ayukawa.localdomain6 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
>
> I rely on my local network's DNS, or another hosts entry for static
> addresses, to resolve an unqualified local host name.

Thanks for the idea!

I went with Ken's solution (editing the "clientname" option
in /etc/nmh/mts.conf).  I'm concerned that anything in my
headers that includes "localdomain" will be tagged by
Proofpoint as suspicious.  (His change is also limited to
just outbound emails, and affects nothing else on my system).

                                Bob