Re: [Nmh-workers] Big patch: Add XOAUTH2 support for SMTP and POP

From: Eric Gillespie
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Big patch: Add XOAUTH2 support for SMTP and POP
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 08:40:01 +0000

I got my computer working again!  Responding with nmh this time,
not Android :)

So let me know if you want me to work on anything here.

David Levine <address@hidden> writes:

> > > - Repeating -user for each command is possibly odd.  Maybe put
> > >   -user on mhlogin and save it in the cred file.  Arguably easier
> > >   -for the user this way, arguably not.  Changing it would
> > >   -complicate the code slightly.  I don't really care either way.
> >
> > As I said, this would complicate the code, and I'm not  really sure
> > it's worth it. So you have -user foo repeated on a few lines in
> > .mh_profile, so what?
>
> I think that I'll want -user, to support multiple accounts on the
> same server.

Sounds good.

> The only changes to the oauth tests were to replace "echo" with
> "start_test", and add one "finish_test" at the end.  start_test
> saves the message instead of outputting it, and a trap function
> outputs it only on failure.

Oh, I like it.

> > Also, I never did figure out what to do about different error messages
> > on different platforms. I work on FreeBSD and Linux and they were
> > different; never mind what other platforms look like...

I can't remember what this was about; I thought I made sure I
used the same curl version on both systems, but maybe not.
The tests pass for me now on both FreeBSD and Linux.

Thanks.