Re: [Nmh-workers] Question about RFC 2822: "A.1.3. Group addresses".

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Question about RFC 2822: "A.1.3. Group addresses".
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 17:31:48 -0400

>I know it's a bit silly, but I wanted
>for example a header like this as seen by a recipient:
>
>    To: Membership Committee: address@hidden, address@hidden ;
>
>to make it clear address@hidden, and address@hidden are both in the
>"Membership Committee".

Fair enough.  I suspect that maybe this was the original intent, but
whatever people intended as the original idea behind group address lists
seem to have fallen by the wayside.  Nowadays you only really see them
"in the wild" to obscure email recipients.

>Also glad the list is still alive!  Looking forward to the final release
>of 1.7.

Since you brought it up ... it has not escaped my noticed that 1.7 final
hasn't happened yet.  I've been super-busy lately, and there were a few
things that I wanted to resolve there.  So, it WILL happen, but not in
the next few days.  Hopefully next few weeks.  There might be another
release candidate first.

--Ken