Re: [Nmh-workers] Microsoft hockeyapp doesn't care about 2045 RFC (6.4)

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Microsoft hockeyapp doesn't care about 2045 RFC (6.4)
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 15:34:22 -0400

>I've been in discussion about this with Microsoft, and their position
>boils down to 'don't give a damn, get a new mailer that is more permissive'.

If it makes you feel any better, I share your pain, and that's the
answer I usually get (if I get an answer at all).  You will find a gamut
of opinions on this subject in the nmh community; personally I think we
should let this one pass because so many people get this wrong, but not
everyone agrees.

David has already pointed you to his excellent mhfixmsg program which
solves this for you.  But ... if you want to run this to ground, there
might be another avenue.  In my experience very few programs actually
generate the MIME output themselves, they call another library to do it
for them.  Maybe you could figure THAT out and file a bug with the library
authors; the authors of libraries tend to care more about standards and
in my experience are less asshole-ish than application authors.  We
actually did that for one library and they were kind enough to fix it
(I admit, I was surprised as well):

  https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2014-04/msg00242.html

And, SINCE I have you, I've been meaning to ask you for a while ... is
this you?

        http://edp.org/monkey.htm

--Ken