Re: [Nmh-workers] Microsoft hockeyapp doesn't care about 2045 RFC (6.4)

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Microsoft hockeyapp doesn't care about 2045 RFC (6.4)
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 19:40:40 -0400

>Also, while the department of Zoology and the dept of Medicine may
>indeed have well figured out that it would be a good idea to share
>software, they in no way informed me, or
>Marcus-whose-last-name-I-forget (Wall? Wald?), the two of us being the
>ones that wrote the software in the first place.  I do not think that
>any 'set this up' was ever done, aside from handing over a copy of the
>software.  Which was really general purpose AD and DA conversion
>routines in the first place .... unlikely to get you in trouble

I know this was over 30 (!) years ago, but there is one thing about this
story I have a question about.  We've got the brain wave sensors on the
monkey caps, which are connected to A->D converters and then piggybacked
onto the VAX disk drive.  The part I am missing is ... why would WRITING
to the disk drive cause voltage to be output to those devices, thus zapping
the monkeys?  That's the part I never really understood.

--Ken