[nmh-workers] Cleaning up old messages

From: Peter Davis
Subject: [nmh-workers] Cleaning up old messages
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 08:56:08 -0400

Hi, all,

I'm sorry if this question is a bit too elementary or intrusive for this group. My health is seriously failing, and I'm trying to clean up old messages are on my Mac for others who will inherit the machine. I have many thousands of messages, divided into many hundreds of folders, accumulated over years.

I've done some poking into it, and I know I can go from folder to folder, delete all the messages, and then use some external shell command to really delete them, but frankly, this is a bit overwhelming for me. Is there a way (or a script that comes close to) letting me just delete and really remove all files older than a certain date or anything like that?

I know this violates the "look it up and figure it out" doctrine, but frankly, I just don't have that kind of energy anymore.

Note that I also have copies of most of these messages on various IMAP servers, so I'm not completely erasing the past ... just trying to clean up some computers.

Thank you!

-pd

--
----