Re: [nmh-workers] FSF is changing Mailman list settings unless you opt o

From: Paul Vixie
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] FSF is changing Mailman list settings unless you opt out (fwd)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 09:11:52 -0700

hymie! wrote on 2019-09-27 07:21:> Unfortunately, Yahoo isn't the only culrpit. More and more servers are
honoring DMARC.

yes, i know.

I, for example, keep my email on my own server at home,
but because my ISP blocks port 25, I have to hire a third party to
receive and re-send my email for me, both incoming and outgoing.  I'm
(mostly) at their mercy for things like spam filters and DMARC, and
(at least right now) I'm not in a position to find a new company
if I decide I'm not crazy about their policies.

i see what you mean. i think i would rent a VPS before i would put my e-mail server behind an ISP who filters anything at all, but that's privilege speaking.
I appreciate your opinion, but remember to look at it from the other
side -- what is the point of a mailing list if you're the only person
left who can access it?

these e-mail filtering techniques ought to be applied to the envelope and to the Sender: header, not to From:. nothing we can do about that?

--
P Vixie