Re: text/calendar vs application/ics

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: text/calendar vs application/ics
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2020 19:16:42 -0500

Ken writes:

> Other than 'sed -e s#application/ics#text/calendar#', no.  I was hoping
> mhfixmsg could do that, but it seems like right now it cannot

That's right.  See below for an example of where I think doing that would be
less than helpful.

> You COULD complain to meetup.com; sending out application/ics is total crap.

Google sends it out, along with an (almost) identical text/calendar:

 msg part  type/subtype              size description
   0       multipart/mixed            14K
     1     multipart/alternative      12K
     1.1   text/calendar             1263
     1.2   text/html                 8233
     1.3   text/plain                1173
     2     application/ics           1295
             disposition "attachment"

The only difference between the text/calendar and application/ics content is
the line endings, the same as Conrad found (\r\n in the application/ics).

David