Re: Bug reported regarding Unicode handling in email address

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: Bug reported regarding Unicode handling in email address
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 22:12:26 -0400

>Last i looked they use a gigantic chunk of memory in mbstate_t or
>so (128 byte?).

128 bytes is considered 'gigantic'? :-)

While I am not a huge fan of the POSIX locale functions, thankfully we can
mostly get by without them.  Basically we use iconv() to convert from the
source character set to the native character set, and we have a small
amount of mbtowc() and wcwidth() to handle multibyte character sets and
figure out column width (and really, we only do UTF-8 well).

--Ken