Re: Bug reported regarding Unicode handling in email address

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: Bug reported regarding Unicode handling in email address
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 19:27:57 -0400

>Per mbstate, yes!  It is near a citation of Christos Zoulas of
>NetBSD in fact.

Sigh.  I just cannot work up any outrage about 128 bytes.  Moving on ...

>For me i can say: of course that is bad; a "modern" program would
>avoid back- and forth conversion but once for input, and once for
>output.

So, I'd say you've got an extra conversion in there.  Just read in and
DON'T convert on input; just convert ONCE on output.  I'm aware of
the ICU library but I have not yet been convinced it is necessary for
nmh.  I am open to being persuaded otherwise.

--Ken