Re: Delivering mail through nmh via SMTP...

From: Emile CARCAMO
Subject: Re: Delivering mail through nmh via SMTP...
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 15:53:23 +0200

> Emile wrote:
>
> >     I would like to know if NMH is able to deliver outgoing mails
> >     to localhost:1025 (that corresponds to davmail) instead of using
> >     port 25, as the SMTP default ?
>
> Yes, by using the -port switch to send(1).
>
> Starting with nmh 1.7, nmh defaults to port 587 instead of 25 for SMTP
> submission.
>
> >     I've looked at mts.conf man page but that's not obvious at first
> >     glance.
>
> Yes, the man pages have a lot of information.  The mts.conf man page does
> mention send -port in its description of the SMTP servers option.
>
> David

Hello David,

        Many thanks for your reply but how do you tell "send" to use
        an alternate port (1025 rather than 587) ?

        I suppose this can be done via ~/.mh_profile tuning, right ?

[emile@dell540 ~]$ cat .mh_profile
Header-Display: Resent From Subject To Cc Date
AliasFile: /users/emile/.mh_aliases
unseen-sequence: unseen
draft-folder: drafts
send: -mime
forw: -mime
mhshow-show-application/x-gzip: /bin/cp %f /users/emile/.
[emile@dell540 ~]$

        Best regards,

-Émile CARCAMO