Re: mts.conf not being read?

From: Andy Bradford
Subject: Re: mts.conf not being read?
Date: 17 Aug 2021 20:06:05 -0600

Thus said David Levine on Tue, 17 Aug 2021 18:51:38 -0700:

> Does your  profile have  an -mts sendmail/pipe  switch for  send? send
> -help would show it.

I do have this:

postproc: /usr/local/libexec/nmh/spost

But nothing for send.

Also,  I notice  in analyzing  the trace  that the  process chain  looks
something like:

comp,  vi, mhbuild  (which  reads mts.conf),  spost,  post, and  finally
sendmail.

And apparently,  spost is actually just  a shell script that  calls post
with -mts sendmail/pipe. :-)

It's possible that at one point I ran into trouble using mts.conf (maybe
I  didn't realize  that  SMTP  had changed  to  SUBMISSION) and  somehow
figured out that I could use spost instead.

Andy