Re: Multiple IMAP accounts with nmh and getmail?

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: Multiple IMAP accounts with nmh and getmail?
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2023 10:28:21 -0800

hariskar wrote:

> I am a new (non developer) nmh user.

Welcome to nmh!

> I have configured nmh with getmail for one IMAP account, but can I configure
> it for more accounts?
> Getmail supports multiple accounts.

Yes, you can put settings for different accounts in separate getmail
rc files.  Then use the getmail -r option to select the rc file(s)
that you want to use.  You can invoke getmail with multiple -r
options.

When I used getmail, I used to use it with procmail(1).  The nmh
mhfixmsg(1) man page has a section, Integration with procmail, with an
example of how to filter messages through mhfixmsg before storing them
in an nmh folder.

David