Re: way to use Bcc: with mhmail?

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: way to use Bcc: with mhmail?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:53:28 -0500

ralph wrote:
 > Hi Tom,
 >
 > > Is there a way to Bcc: with mhmail?
 >
 > Experiment with one of
 >
 >     -headerfield 'bcc: Tom R <nmh@trodman.com>'
 >     -headerfield 'dcc: Tom R <nmh@trodman.com>'

Somewhat nintuitively, it's the latter "Dcc: address, address,..." that
duplicates what most mailers do with Bcc.

If you use MH's Bcc: header, the recipients get the message with
additional text that tells them they've received a Bcc.  Which is sort
of nice, but fairly unique behavior.

When sending to a group, as for an event invitation, I usually use a
Dcc header, with myself in the To header, to match common (in my
experience) practice.  If just copying my wife on something I'm
addressing to someone else, I use Bcc which makes it unambiguously
clear she wasn't a disclosed recipient.

paul
paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 40.6 degrees)