nrdo-list

[nrdo-list] compiling NRDO Library from command prompt

From: Michael Hitchcock
Subject: [nrdo-list] compiling NRDO Library from command prompt
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 09:57:23 -0500

Stuart,

I have a copy of the NRDO Library on my system and am trying to compile the
library to a dll using the following command:

csc /target:library /out:NRDOLibrary.dll /debug *.cs

In each of the nrdo library .cs files (below is Nint.cs as example), this
error is occurring:

Nint.cs(194,24): error CS0564: Overloaded shift operator must have the type
of the first operand be the containing type, and the type of the second
operand must be int.

Nint.cs(197,24): error CS0564: Overloaded shift operator must have the type
of the first operand be the containing type, and the type of the second
operand must be int.

lines 194 and 197 respectively read:
public static Nint operator << (Nint a, Nint b) {
                return a.value << (int) b;
        }
public static Nint operator >> (Nint a, Nint b) {
                return a.value >> (int) b;
        }

Obviously, to fix this I would change "Nint b" to "int b" but why does this
error not occur when building the library from Visual Studio .Net and what
are the ramifications of changing it to int?

Thanks,
Michael