nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] MySQL authenicate SAMBA

From: klebermass
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] MySQL authenicate SAMBA
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:28:52 +0200

I think one problem would be that  SAMBA uses another password encryption
( i think md4 ) and so u cant use normal encrypted passwords.
One way to solve this simple problem would be to store passwords in
plaintexts, or to have 2 fields inside the db.
( this is the first problem).  Because of this Problem u normaly have to add
users to the samba passwd list because u have to set the new password.
Beside this i think there are some geeks  working on implementing