nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] Custom Queries Patch - NSS 1.0

From: Gary W. Smith
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] Custom Queries Patch - NSS 1.0
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:23:55 -0800

I know that 1.0 is supposed to be final but I ran into a case where I needed a more complex SQL statement that nss-mysql allowed for.  There were a couple too many inner joins there or something.  Anyways, I wrote a patch that allows for a custom query to be inserted into the configuration file.  It still adheres to the same general logic as the existing nss flow.  I had to change the data structure a little (appended new entries to it) and put logic in place to use the custom queries in place of the dynamic query, if and only if, a custom query is set.

If possible, can the group take a look at the patch and point out any issues so they can be resolved?  Also, if the group finds any use for the patch maybe the package maintainer can include it or add it to the contribs for the version.

Anyway, heres the patch.  Please remember that this is still a test copy.  It but YMMV.

<<nss-mysql-custom-query.patch>>

Gary Wayne Smith