nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql, pam, apache help

From: Kyrian
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql, pam, apache help
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:51:09 +0000

I do not know why you are using development versions as I am pretty sure there are no new developments in a long time to be taken advantage of.

I would say you are missing directive(s) from your nss-mysql.conf or the 'shadow' /etc/nss-mysql-root.conf

users.table = XYZ;

And maybe...

groups.group_info_table = XYZ;
groups.members_table = XYZ;

I am pretty damn sure that this is in the manual!

K.

Pavel Pragin wrote:

I am having problems with PAM/MySQL authentication.

I have no problems logging in to the svn server thought ssh and authentication via the PAM server works. However when I use PAM to authenticate through SVN I am getting DB errors in the logs. Looking at the MySQL query logs I can see that the (Password) query that is being issued to MySQL is incomplete. As far as I know all Apache and Pam config files are correct. I decided to compare the mysql query logs on the currently working server and the new not working server . This comparison is in the end of the e-mail and this how I came to the conclusion that the query is incomplete.

Auth log on SVN server (svntest):

Oct 29 03:46:08 svntest nss-mysql[9707]: _nss_mysql_getspnam_r conf file parsing failed

Oct 29 03:46:08 svntest nss-mysql[9707]: (pam_unix) authentication failure; logname= uid=33 euid=33 tty= ruser= rhost=192.168. 6.43 user=ppragin

Oct 29 03:46:08 svntest nss-mysql[9707]: pam_mysql - MySQL error(You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that c

orresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM WHERE user.user_name = 'ppragin'' at line 1)

Apache log on SVN server(svntest):

[Mon Oct 29 03:17:49 2007] [error] [client 192.168.] (9)Bad file descriptor: Could not open password file: (null)

[Mon Oct 29 03:17:52 2007] [error] [client 192.168.] PAM: user 'ppragin' - not authenticated: Error in service module

Mysql query log from Pam server when running svn checkout from server (svntest):

131 Connect address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden> on nss_mysql

131 Query select user.user_name,user.uid,NULL,user.realname,user.shell,user.homedir,user.gid from user where

user.user_name='ppragin' and user.uid is not null and user.status = 'A' order by user.uid

132 Connect address@hidden on nss_mysql

132 Init DB nss_mysql

132 Query SELECT FROM WHERE user.user_name = 'ppragin'

132 Quit

Mysql query log from Pam server when running svn checkout from server (newsvn):

753 Connect address@hidden on nss_mysql

753 Query select user.user_name,user.uid,NULL,user.realname,user.shell,user.homedir,user.gid from user where user.user_name='ppragin'

and user.uid is not null and user.status = 'A' order by user.uid

753 Query select user.user_name,user.uid,NULL,user.realname,user.shell,user.homedir,user.gid from user where user.user_name='ppragin'

and user.uid is not null and user.status = 'A' order by user.uid

754 Connect address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden> on nss_mysql

754 Init DB nss_mysql

754 Query SELECT user.Password FROM user WHERE user.user_name='ppragin'

754 Quit

The difference:

(svntest server) 132 Query SELECT FROM WHERE user.user_name = 'ppragin'

(newsvn server) 754 Query SELECT user.Password FROM user WHERE user.user_name='ppragin'

I can understand why “user.Password” is missing. This is how the password is acquired from table “user” field “Password”.

This is why authentication is failing. One thing I don’t understand is where the information provided for this query comes from.

I don’t see any mention of “user.Password” in any of the config files. Maybe I am missing a step? Any ideas?

Pavel

.

*PAVEL PRAGIN*
address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>

*T >* 650.328.3900
*M >* 650.521.4377
*F >* 650.328.3901

*SolutionSet*
The Brand Technology Company
http://www.SolutionSet.com <http://www.solutionset.com/>

*PA >* 131 Lytton Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94301
*SF >* 85 Second St., San Francisco, CA 94105