octal-dev

Re:some simple physical modelling

From: ccastiglione
Subject: Re:some simple physical modelling
Date: Mon Mar 12 11:45:03 2001

Hey Matt,

How about allocating a separate buffer to each track?  Your code doesn't include
provisions for multiple tracks yet, but when you add it I think the problem will
take care of itself.

I mean, when you pluck a guitar string twice in a row, it cuts itself off, so
from one standpoint, having multiple plucks within a given track cut each other
off makes more sense than not -- basically it makes the analogy that each track
models one string.  If you want to properly emulate a six-stringed instrument,
say, then you use six tracks.

Dunno if this is how Geonik's machine works (haven't used it enough to have
noticed) but it makes more sense to me than dealing with multiple buffers.