[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Octave-bug-tracker] [bug #63023] Private function not available in PKG_
[Octave-bug-tracker] [bug #63023] Private function not available in PKG_ADD context
Wed, 7 Sep 2022 03:35:42 -0400 (EDT)
Update of bug #63023 (project octave):
Status: None => Need Info
Follow-up Comment #1:
I'm not sure I understand correctly. Could you please attach a minimal
>From what I gathered, you are trying to do the following:
- You have a (PKG_ADD) script in a folder that has a function in a private
- You create a handle to the private function in that script.
- You'd like to call the private function after the script has executed (from
a folder that doesn't have direct access to the `private` folder).
I tried to replicate this with the following in Octave 7.2.0:
- Create a folder `test_dir0` with the following `PKG_ADD` file:
disp('In folder with private function');
priv_fcn = @private_fcn;
cd .. % or any other folder that doesn't have access to private_fcn
disp('In folder away from private function');
- In that folder, create a `private` folder.
- In that `private` folder, create the file `private_fcn.m` with the following
- `cd` to the parent folder of the folder with the `PKG_ADD` script.
- From here, I see the following in Octave:
In folder with private function
In folder away from private function
That use case seems to work for me...
Reply to this item at:
Message sent via Savannah