July 4 cvs broke "configure".

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: July 4 cvs broke "configure".
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 01:47:27 +0100

Hi, the last cvs, with blas, broke "configure" in my system.

The reason is that "-lf77blas -lcblas -latlas" are added to LIBS, and
later on configure fails to compile every program, as undefined
references produced by those (shared) libraries are really in libg2c.

As I said in an earlier message
http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/mailing-lists/help-octave/2000/564

> I had one problem: after `configure' found ATLAS, -latlas etc where
> added to LIBS, and after that `configure' fail to compile other generic
> test cases, as -lg2c was also needed. I quicky solve it by forcing LIBS
> to include -lg2c.
> Perhaps your patch should instead add -latlas etc to FLIBS? I am not a
> configure expert!

checking for ATL_xerbla in -latlas... yes
checking for cblas_dgemm in -lcblas... yes
checking for dgemm_ in -lf77blas... yes
checking for cheev_ in -llapack... no
checking for cheev_... no
defining FPICFLAG to be -fPIC
defining CPICFLAG to be -fPIC
defining CXXPICFLAG to be -fPIC
defining SHLEXT to be so
defining DLFCN_DIR to be
defining SH_LD to be c++
defining SH_LDFLAGS to be -G
defining SONAME_FLAGS to be -Xlinker -h -Xlinker $@
defining RLD_FLAG to be
checking for POSIXized ISC... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking for AIX... no
checking for getpwnam in -lsun... no
checking for gethostname in -lsocket... no  <-------- trouble starts
checking size of short... 0                 <-------- and never stops!
checking size of int... 0
checking size of long... 0
checking size of long long... 0
checking for pipe... no
checking for poll... no
checking for putenv... no
checking for rename... no
checking for rindex... no
checking for rmdir... no
checking for select... no
checking for setgrent... no
checking for setpwent... no
checking for setvbuf... no
checking for sigaction... no
checking for sigpending... no
checking for sigprocmask... no
checking for sigsuspend... no

config.log:

configure:4229: checking size of short

configure:4248: gcc -o conftest -O2  -g conftest.c -lf77blas -lcblas
-latlas -lz -lm  1>&5

Undefined           first referenced
 symbol                 in file
e_wsfe                              /usr/local/lib/libf77blas.so
do_fio                              /usr/local/lib/libf77blas.so
s_stop                              /usr/local/lib/libf77blas.so
s_wsfe                              /usr/local/lib/libf77blas.so