Re: Loading in hdf5 format skips every other variable.

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Loading in hdf5 format skips every other variable.
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 17:38:07 -0500 (CDT)

On  7-Jul-2000, Steven G. Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:

| The patch below should fix the problem.  It detects at runtime
| whether we are linked to a version of HDF5 with the bug (by looking
| at the version number), and uses that to determine whether or not to
| update the index manually.  Can you try it to make sure it works?
| (I don't have the new version installed yet, because I need to fix
| other software on my system first.)

Thanks, it seems to work.

However, I think this test is wrong:

  have_h5giterate_bug = vers_major <= 1 && vers_minor <= 2 && vers_release < 2;

Wouldn't it return false for 0.9.2, which would presumably be earlier
than 1.2.2?  I don't know if this is a practical problem for HDF5
since I don't know which versions have been released, but I think the
test we want is

  have_h5giterate_bug
    = (vers_major < 1
       || (vers_major == 1 && (vers_minor < 2
                               || (vers_minor == 2 && vers_release < 2))));

Does that look right?