problems and patch for sco

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: problems and patch for sco
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:29:33 -0500 (CDT)

On  6-Jul-2000, Joao Cardoso <address@hidden> wrote:

| 2-The other modification is that I have to prepend
| LD_RUN_PATH=$LD_RUN_PATH:/usr/local/lib/octave-2.1.30 to $(CXX), also in
| the octave target.
| The reason is that -rpath is not supported by my system.
| The only possibility that I see is to define a symbol for Makeconf.in,
| configure.in and src/Makefile.in, LD_CXX e.g., that on all systems will
| be equal to CXX, except on sco where it will be
|
| LD_CXX="LD_RUN_PATH=$LD_RUN_PATH:$(octlibdir) $CXX"

Hmm.  It seems like it would be better to have a test that detects the
problem instead of just assuming that this will be required on all (or
even some) SCO systems.  On the other hand, it might not actually
cause any trouble.

| The enclosed patch "correct" this problems and add some more
| configuration  specific stuf to sco.

It seems the patch was missing from your message.  Can you please send
it again?

Thanks,