Re: License/redistribution of Fortran source from Netlib ??

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: License/redistribution of Fortran source from Netlib ??
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:17:22 +0100 (BST)

Following on from the message about redistribution of Fortran source
from Netlib on this list back in May,

Has anyone ever seen a written license for LAPACK?  I've looked at the
information at www.netlib.org/lapack/faq.html and it has never been
clear to me whether their asking for credit and modified routines to
have different names is part of the license, and if so whether that is
compatible with the GPL.

I thought I would check to see how this was sorted out for Octave, as
I want to distribute applications linked with GSL (GPL'ed) and LAPACK.

Thanks for any info,

Brian Gough