Re: [patch] intel C++/f90 support

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [patch] intel C++/f90 support
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 13:54:43 -0500

On 18-Aug-2002, Mumit Khan <address@hidden> wrote:

| On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, John W. Eaton wrote:
|

| > Does the Intel F9x compiler not have a -v option, or not print good
| > information if it is used?
|
| It does, but it's quite messy to parse. I'll take another stab at it.
|

| > | And then edit Makeconf to change the following:
| > |
| > |   Remove -Wall and -mieee-fp from CXXFLAGS and XTRA_CXXFLAGS. Also change
| > |   -fPIC to -kPIC in CXXFLAGS and FFLAGS.
| >
| > Shouldn't -Wall and -mieee-fp only be added if we are using gcc?
|
| Yes, you're right.

Oh, actually, I see now that configure.in uses the OCTAVE_CC_FLAG and
OCTAVE_CXX_FLAG macros to check for these options, so they could still
be added for non-gcc compilers if those compilers don't complain when
given those options.  I'm not sure how best to handle these kinds of
options, short of using a database, and knowing which compiler you are
actually using, and it seems that doing that is very much against the
spirit of autoconf.