Re: Octave compiler

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Octave compiler
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:12:07 -0500

In lieu of intelligence, one can always use pragmas to identify types.
E.g.,
        %% int i
        %% double t, x[]
        t=0; for i=1:n, t += x(i); end

You can even do this in octave code instead of special syntax:

        x=double(x);
        t=double(0); for i=int(1:n), t += x(i); end

but you need some way to make sure that double, int, etc. always
return values of the right type, even in the presence of dispatch, oct
files, user defined types, etc.

- Paul